Sunday, August 18, 2024

Gateway Book

I recently brought home a free copy of Matilda (in Hebrew) for BSM, who enjoyed reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (also in Hebrew) a few months ago. I'd rather convince him to read Matilda in English, but I figure that reading in any language is a good thing, and anyway his Language Arts teacher told us the boy should read more novels. Having twisted my arm, I brought Matilda home, and BSM giggled his way through it, stopping periodically to tell me and Husbinator what was going on in the book, and how great it was.

BSM finished Matilda on Shabbos morning, with a huge smile on his face. So I told him the library has more books (also in Hebrew) by the same author. I further told BSM that we also have more books (in English) by the same author, including some books that the library probably doesn't have translated copies of. 

I figured that was that, but a few minutes later BSM asked exactly where these alleged more books could be found. Shortly thereafter, BSM was back at the couch with four Dahl books. He read James and the Giant Peach on Shabbos afternoon, and he's currently going strong through The Witches

No comments:

Post a Comment