Sunday, August 18, 2024

Little Drama

A few weeks ago, I woke up to the sound of something falling, followed by loud crying from Baby WW. I ran to her room, but had trouble opening the door. Eventually, I figured out that although Baby WW was definitely on the floor and was very close to the door, she was not what was making it hard to open the door. 

Turns out she had escaped from her little crib (obviously), and knocked over a folded step ladder, which was now leaning against the door.

Within a minute of picking her up, Baby WW was smiling and ready to play. Her mood made it clear she'd been having a great time until she startled herself, and looking around the room made it clear that her main source of entertainment had been the garbage can. Ah, tissues. 

So I brought Baby WW to Husbinator (assembling this crib is one of the very few DIY tasks that I'm more familiar with than Husbinator is), and I collected pieces of the big crib. Huge thank you to Husbinator for storing the crib components behind and above furniture on the second floor, instead of bringing them to the attic! Also thank you to BY for staying in bed after waking up as soon as I touched the first crib component next to his dresser. Why that boy was so chipper at 3 am I don't want to know.

Assembling the crib, including collecting parts, only took about half an hour, which I think is VERY impressive, given the hour and lack of preparation. Speaking of impressive, I only put in one crib piece the wrong way. Unfortunately, that required taking off three pieces to fix, but thus crumbles the cookie. Also, I forgot that the drop-side railing doesn't stay up reliably, which is why we always make sure that side of the crib touches a wall. Naturally, the day-bed next to the crib means there's no room to slide the crib toward the middle of the room and just turn it around, so I gave up. 

Luckily, Husbinator came in around then and said No, we couldn't just leave the side down: Baby WW had just climbed out of a crib with a low side. Seeing my Look, Husbinator said of course we didn't have to disassemble and reassemble the whole crib: we'd lift it up and rotate it in the air, above the height of the adjacent. It worked. Everyone went back to sleep. Whew.


No comments:

Post a Comment