Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Drinking the Kool-Aid (or Apple Juice, as the Case May Be)

Husbinator recently bought a gallon of Kirkland Apple Juice, because it was on clearance due to an imminent expiration date. Wanting to know just how fast we should plan to drink this thing, I checked the "Best By" date, which read 06/11/2022. My knee-jerk reaction, exclaimed aloud was, "Oh, come on! November is not that soon!" Apparently, even my frequent reading of dates on communications from the US Patent & Trademark Office hasn't been enough to prevent the change of my expectations of how dates are written. 

Also, dude, it tastes just like Juice Boxes!

Also also, the English label proudly proclaimed "Not From Concentrate," and listed the single ingredient as "apple juice." The Hebrew label, on the other hand, listed the sole ingredient as "מיץ תפוחים מרוכז." I know that "ריכוז" is concentrate, so, confused, I stopped and read everything carefully again. I then realized that the correct translation of the Hebrew ingredients is not "apple juice from concentrate," but rather, "concentrated apple juice." Well, I guess that explains why American apple juice is so very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment