Monday, May 8, 2023

A Poem

A week or two ago, Husbinator told me he had an epic battle with a massive cockroach in our bathroom. Last night, I sent him this--unfortunately true--first-person poem.

***

"After the Battle"

I really hope
that I left a gift for you
on the floor of the shower. 

Cuz if I didn't, then I totally gassed our bathroom, and the roach still escaped. 

In related news,
we could use a can
of stronger bug spray
in our bathroom. 

***

For those more interested in facts than poetry, I rush to assure you that yes, Husbinator did indeed find the size L gift I left on the floor, along with a size S gift that I had no idea was even there to get caught in the cross-fire. He then bravely flushed the gifts, making me feel much better.

Also, yes, eventually I will post about the actually post-worthy stuff, like cute kid stories, and Observations on Israelis and Hebrew, and Pesach, and passing my USPTO licensing exam. But for now, the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment